We are not promised tomorrow, but we are given today to appreciate all the beauty that we can … Beauty is all around. This world is full of beauty, but the most beautiful things are those simple things that teach us profound lessons. Often, we miss these things when we let life get in the way. We fail to see the beauty of simplicity.
Life is mostly made up of routines and patterns. Every day we act them out and they are what make up the bulk of our lives. Many of us live according to a socially acceptable template, within the realm of safety, while living repetitively and dreaming of ways to escape. Find lessons in the simple beauties of the world. They are there. We are the beholder, seek out the beauty in our own life and, more importantly, find the beauty in us.
Live creatively and intimately with life. The next time we have a drink of coffee or tea, completely take in the smell and the flavor of the beverage. When we breathe, feel the air enter our lungs. When we walk, really feel the ground beneath our feet. The amount of beauty we experience in life is largely related to our level of intimacy with life. If we’re walking around disconnected, we overlook the wealth of artistry that is available to us right now.
Here are some simple examples of what is happening in our life right now, that is beautiful, but we might be missing:
The new day
- Every day, we are given a new chance at life. What a beautiful thing that is. Ask the person who is dying or someone who just lost a loved one. Life is a precious gift, and we should never take it for granted. Create something beautiful with each day God grants us.
The smile of a stranger
- When we are out and about, seeing faces of worry all around us, it is truly a beautiful sight to see the smile of a stranger. Their smile reminds us that there is goodness in the world when we look for it, and that we should spread that goodness to others by remembering to smile ourselves.
The irreplaceable us
- We are a remarkable human being with a life mission to fulfill. If beauty is in the eye of the beholder, then open our eyes, and see the beauty you possess. Don’t let the world define us. Changing the world begins by changing ourselves.
Make our passion a priority. It’s easy to get wrapped up in doing all of the things that we think must get done. Wanting everything to be perfect gets in the way of having time for the things we really care about. While the errands and things on your to-do list might be necessary, it’s important to make the things we love a priority.
Find beauty in the little things
- The trees swaying, the leaves blowing around on the ground, the waves crashing on the shore. The simplest of things have the most profound beauty. But you can only see them if you’re really there. So often we are too busy doing the tasks of daily life, of focusing on work, or taking care of others, that we miss the simple joys that are going on right around us. It is important to learn to be present in the moment, and to be grateful for their experiences, as these are times and experiences that you will never get back.
Embrace our artistry
- Every time you tell a story about the events in your life, is an act of creation. You’re constantly shaping, reinventing, and writing the story of your life. Once you recognize this, it’s much more powerful for you to see yourself as an artist, rather than a non-creative person.
- Don’t miss all those little moments that are “now” not meant to come. Don’t let your present pass you by.
- Always be grateful for your health. Never take it for granted. You never know what tomorrow can bring. If you have some health issues, keep a steady head that they could be worse, and you are still capable of great things.
- Give yourself credit for your unique accomplishments and talents. Own it, you did it, you deserve to bask in the glow.
- You never know what someone else is capable is of until you give them a chance. By doing so, you might change their lives. You might bolster their self-confidence, and let them know for the first time that you believe in them and their abilities. To give them kind of joy to someone is a gift.
- No matter if you have fallen out or drifted apart, memories will always exist. No one can take them from you. Cherish them. Be grateful for them, and appreciate that you were lucky enough to have the opportunity to have had them in the first place.
Everything that we will do in life will come to an end, but it has not yet. Enjoy each second of it while we are experiencing it, and while we are being given the opportunity. We’ll never know if and when it will come around again.
The love others are trying to give to you
- We are not promised tomorrow, but we are given today. We need to take as much advantage of it as possible. Tell people you love them, do the best you can do, and do something that you purely enjoy.
Judge others for the way they treat you
- Form your own opinions. Give them the opportunity to truly show themselves to you. You never know what someone is capable of, or what lies in their heart, until you give them the opportunity to show you. Don’t form opinions based on second hand information.
Doors don’t stay open forever
- Take the chances that are provided to you today, as they might not be there tomorrow.
The goals you have actually achieved that you are not acknowledging
- We will never get today back, embrace it. You will never be this young again, this content, again, this calm again, whatever it may be for you.
There are struggles that we have all faced, maybe ones that have given us a wrinkle or gray hair, but what they have also given us is character. They are part of who we are, what built us, and what gave us our strength.
While most of us have lost people in our lives who were important to us, and that fact is pain, what most of us fail to realize is the beauty we have, and are always left with, that they were part of our lives. That they chose us, that they shared themselves with us, and that we will always have those memories.
No matter what we have said or done at any point before this exact minute, we have within our the power to make better choices and to change. Many of us have been lucky enough to know what tools already, and many of us have people in our life who are willing to help teach us tools to change our life and be the best version of ourselves.
The gift of just “being.” We so often do not give ourselves permission to just “be.” To not have anything planned, to not get out of our pajamas, to spend a day of rest and not responsibilities. If you get a chance to do this, you have earned it, enjoy it, and let yourself free to know that not every second must be a productive one. Sometimes recharging is the greatest gift of all.
Bonjour Monday! 🙂