Everyone loves to give themselves a break sometime or other. Sometimes you desperately want to take a break. The reasons can be hard work, children, stress or simply to enjoy. I am creating this list because I like to give myself some time to pamper myself. This is way to reward myself if I do a good job. Please feel free to write your own way of pampering yourself. Because you’re you . . . and you’re absolutely amazing! 🙂
Don’t forget that we’re amazing and for that fact alone, we deserve time to rest, relax and rejuvenate our body, mind and soul. So whatever it is we need right now, time for a bike ride, a day to feel pretty, a moment to ourselves, take it. We’ll feel better for it. 🙂
Even when things are going well, and especially when they’re going not so well, we need a reminder that we’re amazing for all of the things we’ve done. The chances we’ve taken, the achievements we’ve accomplished and even the mistakes we’ve made and the courage it takes to make them right. Congratulating ourselves on the good can give us the strength we need to face the bad. It’s a balancing act. We don’t forget to beat ourselves up, don’t forget to pamper yourself, too!
- A little self pamper routine
- Download a new feel good playlist
- A fancy new body scrub, bubble bath, bath salts.
- Get a really nice trim, or a great looking new haircut & get a scalp massage and hair treatment at the same time.
- A manicure or pedicure for an early Spring coming up.
Embrace our inner child
- As a grownup, when do you ever get the chance to let yourself run wild and carefree? Have a snowball fight. Roll down a hill. Run around screaming your head off, just for the hell of it. Let your inner little kid go crazy.
Eat lunch outside & enjoy the sunshine
- During the workday, it is pretty difficult to find time for yourself. Even if you only get 30 minutes for lunch, which has sadly become the new normal, try to get outside for at least a few minutes. Getting fresh air decrease stress and increase happiness, and will help you stay mentally centered while you’re stuck at the office. And if that’s impossible? go to ask someone your coworker for some candy sweets is also a carefree, easy way to help you get through the day.
Watch the sunset
- Natural beauty is all around. Treat yourself to the beauty of the world, and actually let yourself enjoy it.
Have an at home movie night
- Prepare some fresh popcorn with slight dripping butter, curl up in your coziest blanket and check out some movies that will put you in a good mood.
Enjoy a relaxing bath
- Throw on a cozy fluffy bathrobe, find a relaxation themed playlist and turn off your phone. Light a scented candle, put on a skincare face mask or perhaps read a favorite book or watch some beauty YouTube videos and give yourself a solid half hour of solitude from the rest of the world.
Bonjour Monday! 🙂