Rainy days are the best days to watch movies you’ve been longing to watch or catch up on your unfinished reading. Movies and books will make up your whole day. If you are a good writer but have been too busy to write anything new then a rainy day would a good time to create some new prose or poem and feel good about it. I love a rainy day, something nice about it, maybe I live in a state where the rain rarely visits, but I do miss the rain. It’s a day to reflect and perhaps create an activity of something to do.
On a sunny clear day, you can improve your body … on a rainy fogy day, you can improve your mind!
- When it’s cold and rainy outside, what better way to warm up with a some delicious baked goods. Indulge in some delicious cookies. Nothing cures rainy day blues like a fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies. Dunk them in milk or eat ’em (practically) right out of the oven. A definite way to happily weather the storm.
- Sit by a window sill with a hot beverage, some snacks, a nice book and watch the rain fall hard against the glass. Or hide behind the curtain if you have to, it feels wonderful and you feel like you are in a different magical world.
- A little rain could never turn any fashionista away from shopping.
- Go Thrifting. Visit your local thrift store for some vintage fashion inspirations.
- Find a Cozy Bookstore, what better excuse than a rainy day to curl up and find a cozy spot inside a local book store and melt the hours away reading to our heart’s content.
- Visit a museum for some creativity and inspirations.
- Be fun and paint our nails in different creative ways.
- Deep Condition our hair. We’ve been wanting to give our hair a deep treatment but just haven’t been able to get to the drugstore or salon.
- Take a scented bath in your bath tub and surround yourself with scented candles. Read a book to relax more along with some wine.
- Cuddle up in our cozy, fluffy warm bed with a cup of hot coffee and some of our favorite snacks.
- Indulge in a long deep nap is also a good idea especially if you get less sleep due to your stressful work.
- Rainy days are also a good day to catch up with our long lost friends. Call them up and find out what’s new with them.
- Painting, drawing, sketching are a few creative things that we can do in our free time on a rainy day.
- Wish to do something romantic on a rainy day then have a simple yet sexy candle light dinner with your partner including home cooked meal and some nice wine.
- Create new photo albums and organize your photos. Or read your favourite magazine and relax.
- We can also catch up with our blogging and reply to most of our messages.
- For those fashion savvy girls out there, dress up with different dresses from your closet and organize your wardrobe in the process too.
- (This requites a slightly more work for me) Do some interior decoration in our house. Hang more pictures, change positions of our furniture. Create a more inspiration feel to the room.
When Life gives us a rainy day . . . Play in the puddles!
Last but not the least, just relax and do nothing if you feel like it. Just chatting and catching up with people you love is definitely a worthy idea to spend your free time too.
Bonjour Monday! Wishing everyone a fabulous week!