“Give thanks for the rain in your life which waters the flowers of your soul.”
-Jonathan Lockwood Huie
“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.”
Every now and then I love a good rainy day and this weekend was one of them. I had spent a few days before at the beach soaking up the sunshine, enjoying the bleu, bleu sky, while having brunch with my friends. So I was fine with staying in today and getting some work done. I find rainy days inspiring. I think it’s really peaceful when it rains. It cools things off and makes everything feel fresh and clean.
Rainy days are best in my opinion when spent at home cozied up on a couch in my comfiest pajama, a cup of hot chocolate in hand, or a glass of wine, my iPad for browsing my favorite blogs and my remote control flipping channels. Rainy Saturdays & Sundays at the mall are really not my scene. The crowded parking lots, the sea of people, not to mention the chaos inside the mall, it just doesn’t sound like fun.
Imagine this, it’s a rather bright sunny morning and you’re all ready to have some activities, blog shoot and fun in the sun. You have your camera ready, your beautiful dress on, and your cute shoes on. However, outside Mother Nature had other ideas and the bright sky turns dark and sully all of a sudden. All you can do is watch through your window as it begins to pour cats and dogs . . . What do you do? Here are a few ways to cozy up and make that rainy day an amazing day. Inspirations on a Rainy Day.
Have a drink
- The poor weather offers you an opportunity to calm down and indulge in something that has nothing to do with your everyday responsibilities. It’s a healthy way to divert your mind and spend some time with a loved one. Add a thick blanket and a glass of wine and you’re good to go for an evening of self-indulgence and pampering.
- In a very old fashioned manner, I play the classics while it rains outside and curl up in a corner of my house. Nothing pairs up with a rainy weekend like music. Put your favorite playlist on shuffle mode and let it rain!
- What a perfect time to relax. Take advantage of staying indoors by treating yourself to a nice soothing bubble bath. Get creative and look up some make-at-home bubble bath recipes online of your choice.
- I truly love sleeping. It’s the one time where our mind and body are truly at peace. It’s the moment where the worries of tomorrow stay in the future. However, in today’s busy world, we are all lacking sleep. We are up at the break of dawn. We make our coffee and start creating the checklist for the day as soon as we rise. The truth is that we all hate leaving our warm beds and forcing ourselves into the shower.
This rainy day might just be your day to catch up on your well-deserved sleep. In my opinion, a rainy day sleep is the best sleep one can get. Just cozy up under your blankets with a pillow and block reality from your mind. Close your eyes and head towards dreamland.
Organize your closet or your blog
- If you prefer to work, this is the perfect time to tackle your closet or your blog. Go through what you actually wear and don’t wear. Get rid of things, organize your dresses, tops, etc. And if you are a die hard digital creator, create something for your blog, add a few new looks or some wording, straighten out your mailing list, organize your search list and categories. check through any inactive links and update them. You’ll be happy the next day you did!
Cozied up with a plush blanket and shop online
- I would last recommend this, but hey we all work hard during the week and the holiday season is here, so a little browsing or shopping wouldn’t hurt right? Browse through your favorite online shops and check out their sales or get inspirations from their decorations, fashions, and the festive feel of the holiday presentations.
There is so much charm in the rainy days. I don’t understand how is possible that people don’t like when it rains. I think that they must have never danced in the rain, swam in the sea while raining or read a book in the bed the whole day and listening the rain drops outside.
It’s Mother Nature’s way of doing her thing and the garden certainly needed it! I had Mozart playing in the background. The house was all clean and nice, the fresh laundry was done. I was completely free to create without hesitation or worry about other things I might have to do. I also had a cinematoraphy project that I was working on that needed my attention and I was inspired to complete the job. Outside as the rain picked up a bit I noticed that it was starting to get lightly windy. The leaves on the trees outside my studio window were swinging back and forth as I looked outside to make sure that everything was OK. We really needed the rain this weekend so it was a good thing.
It’s almost an excuse to stay in and get things done. There is no temptation to head over to the beach to steal a few hours in the sunshine or take a dip in the ocean. Listening to the noise of the rain coming down has always been a favorite thing of mine to do. I like the various sounds the rain makes on the window especially when I am going to sleep. So between the pitter pat of the rain drops, the bristling of the leaves and the wind chimes in my garden and Mozart’s wonderful music I had a very inspiring day! Do you ever feel inspired on a rainy day?
Windows open … soft music in the background … listening to the birds … soft gentle, rain … getting stuff done. What could be better than that?
Bonjour Monday! Wishing everyone a fabulous week ahead! 🙂