Back to the basics . . .
St. Valentine’s Day is the holiday revolving around love love & love, so why not spend it with the person you love most . . . yourself?
Sweet tooth lovers, now’s the perfect time to give in to it!
- Bake some delicious Valentine’s Day cookies (and maybe share a few with your single gal pals). Eat a whole bar of dark chocolate, pick out the best looking chocolate from the box and enjoy, and don’t even think about passing up dessert if you find yourself out on the town … that delicious tiramisu is calling your name, and your name only. You have an obligation to fulfill yourself. This day only comes once a year!
Write yourself a love letter | a diary to ourselves
- While you may not have sent or received a love letter since high school, that doesn’t mean this time-honored tradition should fall by the wayside. Why not write one to yourself?
- Write a letter that says everything you love about yourself. Write about the times of how you’re always there for a friend in need. Write about things you’ve done that you’re proud of and the things you hope to accomplish in the future. You can read this letter again later when you need a reminder that you love and support yourself.
- If long-form handwriting isn’t your thing, keep the message short and sweet. You can write things you love about yourself on slips of paper and place them in a mason jar. Use these to brighten your day whenever you’re feeling bummed. Writing them on Valentine’s Day, when they’re coming from a place of love, will make these little notes seem that much more special when you read them later.
Take yourself out on a date OR …
- This is the ultimate solo Valentine’s Day pursuit … taking yourself out on a date for those who dare … or not!
- Here’s the winning point, you don’t need the company of someone else to enjoy a night out on the town, or you can always call on your single girlfriends to join too. Get dressed to the nines in whatever stylish ensemble makes you feel the most confident. Head out to your favorite restaurant and order your signature dish, knowing that no one else is going to be stealing any food from your plate. And you don’t have to worry about sharing dessert, either! Savor that triple chocolate cake all by yourself. 🙂
- Or for those of us who do not dare to … avoid restaurants and take advantage of the greatness of food delivery apps. Restaurants are mostly going to be packed with lovey-dovey couples. Some people just rather eat from the comfort of their own home with a bottle of wine to themselves.
- Afterwards, do an activity that you love. Take yourself to see that new French film that got rave reviews. Or go for a solo walk in the park while listening to your favorite music.
Treat yourself to a relaxed scented bubble bath
- Today’s fast paced world leaves little time to just sit back and relax, and, to be honest, you’re probably long overdue for a luxurious bubble bath.
- Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to remedy this situation. While showers are super convenient, nothing beats soaking in a hot bath for half an hour or more. Light up the space with a few candles, or choose your favorite scent to add a touch of fragrance to the air. Take your favorite book with you to get lost in, or just close your eyes and let the calm scented water soothe you. After a face mask, deep conditioning treatment and relaxing mani/pedi, you’re sure to feel more refreshed than ever this Valentine’s Day!
Take yourself out on a shopping spree
- If there’s something you’ve been eyeing but holding out on for some reason, give it to yourself as a Valentine’s Day present!
- Even if you’ve ben cutting back on frivolous purchases, we all need a little gift to ourselves every now and then. Treat yourself to something you’ve been wanting for a while. Maybe it’s time to splurge on a new handbag or find the perfect accessory to go with that cashmere sweater you got for Christmas.
Indulge in sweets … Just a little!
And for those of us who have a furry loving pet … Just remember that we will always have their unconditional love towards us no matter what! 🙂
February 14 might be the day of love, but that shouldn’t stop us single ladies from participating! Besides, the longest relationship you’ll ever have is with yourself. So show some self-love by celebrating yourself this Valentine’s Day! 🙂
Bonjour Monday! 🙂