Beauty without substance is like a masterpiece painted on a napkin.
My true definition of A lady with class is distinguished, holds herself in high standards and respects her body. She is someone who is capable of respecting herself and others. She cares about her reputation, and treats others the way, she wants to be treated. She has self-control in manner and speech and is quick to hold her tongue. Whatever comes out of her mouth builds rather than tears down. She delights in everything lovely and feminine but she isn’t afraid to speak out when necessary.
She is compassionate and passionate, nurturing, unselfish and has poise in posture and character. She is firm in her beliefs and accomplishes anything she puts her mind to. Her peers respect her for being truly female. She is charming, gorgeous, and naturally funny, can laugh at herself, isn’t pretentious, is down to earth, doesn’t act like someone she isn’t, has genuine love for others, is honest, and not hypocritical. A woman of class commands attention and respect wherever she goes even without whispering a single word.
The gossip beauties.
- A lady of class will always try to keep steer clear of gossip chains. It’s unbecoming to spread gossip, and when she’s actually the focus of the gossip, it’s quite hurtful. Everyone’s fighting their own battles, and a lady doesn’t want to air someone else’s dirty laundry. She will avoid it as best she can, and absolutely not spread anything via social media. She uses her words wisely. A lady refrains from gossip and negative talk, remembering that her words are the reflection of the content in her heart.
She will always remember her please and thank yous.
- Simple but true. Please and thank you make the world a happier and more polite place. From ordering her soy cappuccino at Starbucks to conversing with the sommelier at Le Bernardin, basic manners never goes out of style.
She is aware of being braggy.
- Nobody appreciates a braggart. If she paid a lot for that Chanel bag, have a gorgeous summer house in Nantucket, and a yacht in St. Tropez, her closest friends will find out eventually. There is nothing as refined and attractive as humility.
When she’s at the table.
- She will read a refresher course in table manners before a formal dinner party or wedding.
She watches her intake of cocktails.
- It’s rather tough to be elegant after one too many cocktails. She will always try to have water in between drinks if she can. And if she’s had too much to drink, she will excuse herself and leave.
To post the photo, or not to post the photo.
- She represents herself with class and dignity on social media. She does her best to respond to comments and to always tag each person in her photos.
She will get a manicure.
- Even if she does wear or not wear polish, she will keep her hands neat and pretty. Especially in this digital age when everyone is showing their social circles things on their mobile devices, the hands are a central focus.
She will choose not to chew gum.
- Chewing gum in public, especially smack it, is a rather terrible way to let the world know that she is not a lady of class, unless she wants to resemble a rebel, also she will discard of gum before a dinner, walking into a meeting, or an interview. It’s sad to say, I have witnessed many times where beautiful women are wearing stunning gowns at black tie galas but have gum in their mouths. 🙁
- When she wears a skirt or dress, she will make sure it fully covers her posterior.
She engages in conversation.
- When she is at the dinner table, at a wedding, or spending time with family and friends. She will not be glued to her phone. I know this is the social media internet world we are living in today, but remember conversation is still a true form of art, and at the end of the day, it’s the relationships you have with the people in real life that will shape your life, not the Instagram photo you just liked.
When she’s in an elevator.
- She will not be talking on the phone, especially when there’s people in the elevator crowded in with her.
She is kind, gracious, compassionate and confident.
- She is the best possible version of herself. A lady doesn’t downplay her beauty, gifts or intelligence in order to please others or make people comfortable. She walks in the best version of herself which actually releases and encourages other women to do the same.
To me, a lady with class is someone who does not try any hard to get attention from others, especialle men. She knows who she is, looks good, dresses appropriately and that makes her attractive. 🙂
What do you think of the essential attributes to being a lady of class, do you strive to be a lady of class within your own means and in your daily life?
Bonjour Monday! 🙂