I don’t generally adore Mondays, but I do have to admit that it’s my least favorite day of the week. (sorry Monday) It’s no secret that most people dread Mondays. However, if we’re passionate about the work we’re doing, believe me, Monday will not be a drag . . . it’s a fresh start after all!
Each new week brings an opportunity for limitless new potential of creative ideas, new deals, new accomplishements. No matter what we were facing last week, this is a new week and we can start it off right with these Monday morning tasks to ensure us a happy successful coming week . . . Let’s just assumed that we all had a good night of sleep, (at the very least 7 hours) and we are awake with a fresh feel . . . OK Monday, Let’s Do This! 🙂
Get an early start | The early bird gets the worm!
- Arrive at the office a little early on Monday morning to get a jumpstart on our week. Take time to reflect on our priorities for this week and begin making plans and organized our schedule.
Start With A Clean Desk
- I always like to start out on Monday with a fresh clean non cluttered desk. Prepare some time on a Friday evening to tidy up our desk before heading off for the weekend, so that when we return on early Monday morning, we are able to delightfully start on a clean slate and on a fresh canvas.
Bring a little “surprise” to the office
- Stop by Krispy Kreme Donuts or Sprinkles Cupcake and pick up a dozen of sweets for the office. Even though most of us shy a way from these little circles, but perhaps this is something most people cannot say no to. 🙂 I provided the links so you can easily say yes and cannot refuse to the donuts & cupcakes 🙂
Reward yourself | Set a new goal
- Every Monday, we should reward ourselves for the work we have achieved from last week, and set a new goal for the week. Treat ourselves to an extra candy bar. If you’re dieting, let Monday be your splurge day. As we are writing this week’s goal, we should reflect on how successfully we have completed last week’s goal. In the chance if we struggled, think of ways how can we improve.
Schedule new meetings for the week
- Monday is the perfect time to schedule meetings with our coworkers, our team because calendars are usually pretty open at the start of the week. Think about who we need to meet with this week and use Monday morning to set these meetings up. Remember that face-to-face time with key members of our team is an essential part of every work week.
Show self appreciation | Be Grateful
- It’s very easy to be in a gloomy, crappy, or showing up in a “do not disturb me” mood on a Monday morning. However, we as successful minded, we will understand that it’s essentially important to be thankful for whatever we have and are going to have. So be grateful for the free time we had over the weekend and for the fact that we have job to report to in the first place!
Assess upcoming challenges
- New prospective challenges pop up all the time. Take a few moments on Monday of each week to think about what problems need to be solved quickly and how we can keep small distractions from sidetracking our plan and set solutions in motion.
As we add these simple ideas to our Monday routine, we’ll quickly discover that Monday is a day we look forward to, a day for casting vision and looking forward and noticing the great things that are happening around us. 🙂
Beauty surrounds us in every way, it’s the perspective that changes, not our surroundings!
Bonjour Monday! 🙂