I totally believe in quick and easy changes that can really improve our immediate health and wellness. We don’t need a complete and total overhaul to transform our lives. Chances are that there are many good things working in our lives so there’s no need for a complete overhaul, simple makeovers will do the trick just nicely!
Just like a fresh can of paint can easily makeover a room, we can easily makeover our lives with simple tweaks. Take simple and small actions every day to design a life that brings us joy.
Spending this valuable “me” time each day may help us live a little bit happier and healthier.
- Smile. Smiling can actually make you happier. So go ahead . . . and smile!
- Drink a fresh tall glass of water. We all aware the many health benefits of drinking fresh water. So, grab a glass of ice cold water and enjoy it!
- Twist it out. So many of us spend every weekday seated in front of a computer. Not only can sitting all day wreak havoc on our posture, but it can also compress our spine and exaggerate its curvature. Not a fun thing at all. A simple twist can help undo this. As you sit in your desk chair, simply twist your upper body to one side, hold for 30 seconds, and then repeat on the other side. If you have the space to sit on the floor, try this torso twist stretch. This will instantly help you feel better!
- Take in a deep breath, normally most of us don’t think about breathing often enough. For a quick pick-me-up, simply take five deep breaths. Slowly inhale for at least five seconds and exhale for 10 seconds each time. Your body will thank you for the extra oxygen.
- Do 20 jumping jacks. Long periods of sitting can be detrimental to the body and our overall health. So get up out of that chair and jump it out! Just one minute of jumping jacks is an easy way to get your heart pumping and blood flowing.
- Go outside. We’ve heard about the health buzz about vitamin D. Vitamin D helps regulate the immune system, supports heart health, can help normalize blood pressure and promotes healthy aging. Vitamin D has also been linked to improved mood. If you have a minute to spare, please do yourself a favor and step out into the sunshine!
- Put on a favorite song. There’s nothing quite like our favorite music to perk us up and get us feeling good. Listening to music has been shown to improve immunity and release endorphins.
What are your favorite tips and advice to shake things out for a happier you? I love to hear from you too! 🙂