Our perception is our reality. One of the most ironic lessons I’ve learned in my life is that the things I thought were most imperfect about me ended up being some of my most attractive qualities. I know it sounds really strange. First off, realize that imperfections are really nothing more than something we made up, or something somebody told us once, and as a result we have given that imperfection the meaning that it has. Let me give you some examples to demystify this idea of imperfection. For now, lets stop calling it an imperfection. Let’s refer to it as one of your unique qualities.
There’s nothing wrong with striving for an ideal. However, if we’re never satisfied with the outcome of the events or plans in our lives, it may mean that we have a touch of perfectionism. One of the problems with perfectionism is that it causes us to look at what goes wrong instead of what goes right. Here is a parfait example: A family event may go 99% as we planned, but it’s that 1% that keeps us preoccupied and keeps us from looking back on the event with pleasurable memories.
“Practice doesn’t make perfect … Practice reduces the imperfection.”
― Toba Beta
Unique imperfection is lovable. just for today, let’s let ourselves be exactly who we are. We must embrace our unique imperfections. Perfection is boring, our imperfections are what make us truly beautiful. There is no need to be perfect, to inspire others. Let’s allow others to be inspired by how we deal with our flaws, our imperfections, the circumstances that cause us to feel inadequate. After all, to conquer our shortcomings, we must accept them. We are all beautifully flawed. beautifully imperfect. beautifully… Us.
Accepting your flaws means that you are totally comfortable with yourself which is a beautiful thing!
- I am worthy of love.
- There is only one me.
- Being human is messy and imperfect, and that’s okay.
- When I mess up, I easily move on.
- I am genuine. I am real.
- I am miraculous just the way I am.
- A huge part of success is making mistakes.
- I turn toward my difficulties instead of trying to fix them instantly.
- Mistakes can lead to great new ideas.
- What is most “imperfect” about me may in fact be my best qualities.
- I can clearly see the beauty and joy in my life.
- I release the need for approval from others.
- My goal is wisdom … not perfection.
- If goals are unrealistic, I find a space where imperfection is considered acceptable.
- I am UNIQUE and I will always embrace my imperfections.
Find The Positive In Our Negative
- If you’re having a hard time accepting your quirks, try to change the filter of your thinking and see what happens. Meaning, instead of focusing on the negativity of your traits, see what positivity they bring. If you struggle with being reserved and quiet, realize how that, on the flip side, makes you an excellent listener or a keen observer
- When thinking about our flaws, the majority of us try to find ways to hide or erase our quirks or personality defects rather than ways to embrace our imperfections. Everyone has something that annoys them, whether it’s limp hair, a curvy bottom, a quiet attitude, or a too-energetic personality. It seems there’s always something to work on, and the case proves true that the grass is always greener. You always want something you can’t have, just because goals are how we keep moving forward.
- In an effort to not become one cookie-cutter society, we should embrace our “flaws” and see them for what they are.
Surround Ourselves With Positive Women
- We know how sometimes we really, really hate that we have freckles or that we’re really shy, but then we meet a woman that knows how to laugh about it and makes it seem like a great quirk? After being around her positive, unapologetic way of thinking, we tend to begin adopting the same mentality, c’est vrai?
Try To Work With What We Have
- Whether our imperfection is physical or a personality trait, for one day try to highlight it rather than hide it and see what happens. Chances are, we made it so much more terrible in our heads than it actually is in reality.
Different is beautiful
- Part of accepting our flaws is realizing that being different sets us apart from others, and that is a beautiful thing!
Bonjour Monday! Have a fabulous week everyone! 🙂