Basic essential safety tips for women
H ave you ever feel frightened when you go out alone? Do you fear to be abused by a stalker? Have you ever feel intimidated or get a slight chill when you pass by a lonely place? Or do you ever worry about becoming a news item to the media?
We are living in this beautiful world, a place where we grew up and called home. But there always is a price to pay, if you are not careful. The harsh reality is that many disgraceful crimes are increasing day by day with women all over the world whether it is America or Asia or Europe. No country has ever been able to provide 100% safety to these ladies who are seen as daughters, sisters, mother, but are getting treated like animals by some disgusting mentalist psycho person of the society. That is why personal safety has become a very important issue to everyone, but especially for women. Being beautiful and feeling confident as women of this society, we have many precautions to look out for. We want to be safe and feel safe in this place we called home. Being exhausted seeing such activities with the innocents, many personalities have taken steps to teach self-defense techniques to every willing lady. But the number of these kinda people is very limited and in today’s busy lifestyle, girls don’t have much time to spend in learning self-defense techniques regularly. There comes the need of some basic self-defense techniques, tips & precautions that ladies can learn to help them in such an opposite situations.
Always be confident.
- A confident woman is very hard to break down. Whatever the situation is, whatever thoughts are coming in your mind, you have to hide those negative feelings and still act as a confident one. When alone, be alert on the path you are walking, look back and forth every now and then, just as in driving you will need to look back and forth and side to side at all times. Be alert and avoid walking between big covered van, trucks, places where you cannot foresee things that might or can happen to you. Walk with a security to your car when coming out of a mall or leaving work late at night. Only go to P.O.Boxes to get your mail in the daylight, also go to bank at lighted locations and where there is some traffic. Keep your heads up at all times . . . If I ever let my head down, it will be just to admire my shoes. 🙂
Carry Some Safety Precautions.
- Always have some things like chili powder, noise making instruments, tear-gas sprays and most of all never forget to have a mobile phone with you. Because, whenever you smell the bad intention of someone out there, get ready with your phone and fingers ready to type the emergency numbers for safety. If any attack happens, call without any delay.
Don’t Ever Be Silent.
- If a person is trying to abuse you, then shout as loud as you can. At one time, I read from an article a while back stating that shouting “FIRE FIRE” can cause attention more than just “Help Me.” A person with such bad intentions never likes the incident to come in front of people’s attention. And this is indeed a very important thing to follow.
Gather Information. From Paid Transportation Services
- If you are taking a taxi or any other means of paid transportation alone in the night, don’t forget to the note the taxi’s number, driver’s name and any other info you can collect about him or his vehicle. It will not only increase your confidence, but also will decrease any bad advantages coming into his mind. Pretend and talk to someone over phone as if they are expecting your arrival anytime and they are looking out for you, and for extra safety and your piece of mind tell them the information that you just collected.
Stay Alert & In Control.
- Especially if us women go out at night and after the party is over, a cab is called or any other means of transportation service. If you are a little tipsy, I recommend a friend should come along on the ride, do not go alone, bad drivers with bad intentions will pounce on these moments of opportunity and try to take advantage of woman. The nature of men with bad intentions will always search for ways and opportunities to strike, so when we must take a taxi ride home alone, make sure you cover yourself up properly in your coat and not show any skin, parts of the body where visualization can take over in a bad man’s mind.
Don’t Give Up.
- If that taxi driver drops you in a locality where you are not supposed to be and then try to take advantage of you. Don’t ever give up, focus on distracting him with your way of words, then strike hard with all your mighty power in his urinary section which the girls are always advised to do, and immediately bolt as fast as you can in a zig zag pattern to places such as ATM, malls, lighted areas where you can expose their reality with evidence. This fear of evidence won’t let them easily come near you.
Stay Far from the Drunks.
- Be as far as you can from a drunk person when you feel insecure. Because a drunk person temporarily loses his worry, tensions, fears and anything that could stop him from taking further steps.
I hope these basic but very essential safety tips help when the time of need is near. Just remember Focus and Concentrate on the threat at hand. Don’t let fear take you over . . . And practice being alert everywhere you go. The bad person will always try to hunt down woman that are inattentive and portray the look of naive. If you come across focus, alert and determined, they can sense a smart Deer that’s going to be hard to catch, chances are they won’t even want to waste their time on you. It’s kind of sad, as I prepared this post, news article pop up 18 hours ago talking about a Driver taking advantage of a woman passenger. And sadly, as I searched further this kind of news popped up everywhere when you start to google “driver rape passenger”. Surely, we simply cannot pick away the bad but we certainly can take precaution and prevent it from happening to us! Phewwww!
An extra driving tip on the road safety from The Shining Star Auto | Road Safety Tips For Women.
Source Infograph Credit: Shiningstarauto | Road Safety Tips For Women
Happy Safety For All Women Out There! 🙂