Today i will be happier than a bird with a french fry … 🙂
We all want a happy life, and we all know that having a positive attitude feels better than a negative one. But for some reason, we are all attracted to and can be easily drawn to the negative side, therefore how do we go about to establish a more positive attitude as a daily habit?
Even for someone like me, who thinks and focus toward positivity on an almost daily basis, having a positive attitude is not always easy. I still sometimes see the world through a rose colored perspective, focusing on the bad and ignoring the good, especially when things aren’t going the way I had hoped for. I try to remind myself that it really is possible to change my perspective to a happy life with positive attitude. And I really hope you do too. 🙂
You determine your reality
- It’s important to realize that you determine your reality by the way you react to the outside world. When something happens you get to choose whether it’s a positive or negative experience and react accordingly. For example, let’s look at it this way, losing your job might be a disaster or it might be the opportunity for bigger and brighter things … you choose what it will mean to you.
Remember that you are powerful
- What we are is far greater, far superior, far more important, and far more mysterious than our conceptual mind tries to define. This is why we are far more powerful than we think we are.
Choose to embrace life
- Let go and embrace the moment, whether it contains an obstacle or an opportunity. Stop fussing over trivial matters and start focusing on what’s really important to you.
- Don’t go through life expecting things to change. Life becomes hard and unfair when we decide to complain about things rather than trying to change them ourselves.
- Be bold and courageous, and make decisions that benefit your growth. Take the first step before more time gradually passes by while you stand still stagnating. Your choice. Your life. Your responsibility. Your power.
Remember that you get to control your reactions
- We create our outside reality by the thoughts and beliefs we maintain about life in general. What we believe in our inner world, we see in our outer world, not the other way around.
- We all have problems, and we’re often tested by circumstances outside of our control. Even though you may not be in control of what’s going on outside of you, you most definitely can control your reaction to those situations.
- We have the power because our inner world (cause) affects the influence we allow the outer world (effect) to have on us. So next time you hear somebody mention that you have great personal power, know they are 100% correct. You have more control than you think.
No one is better qualified than you
- We place far too much emphasis on other people’s opinions about us, often to the exclusion of our own. This takes away from our own personal power. No matter what anybody says about you, it doesn’t hold any significance to who you truly are unless you identify or agree with them.
- Stop identifying with other people’s opinions and become aware of how you see yourself. Nobody really knows you better than you do. Never accept another person’s reality as your own. Always believe that you can achieve anything you put your mind to. And, most importantly, never let another person’s opinion of you affect what you believe about yourself.
Believe that you are more than enough
- If you have to compare yourself to someone else, let it be a person who is less fortunate, and let it be a lesson to learn just how abundant your life truly is. It’s just a matter of perspective.
- You may find that you are not entirely grateful for what you possess. You may believe that you need more than you have right now to be happy. If this is the case, then you are absolutely right, you will need more, and you will continue to need more.
- This cycle will perpetuate as long as your mind believes it to be true. If you focus on what you have, and not on what you lack, you will always have enough, because you will always be enough.
Be yourself | Love yourself
- You definitely have arrived, cut out the distractions, open your eyes, and see that you already have everything in your possession to be happy, loved, and fulfilled. Love yourself completely and accept everything that you are. You are beautiful and unique in your own way. Believe it, and most importantly, remind yourself often.
Keep your cool
- If someone cuts us off in traffic, we may feel our blood pressure begin to rise and feel the need to react in a negative manner. We get uptight with other people’s actions, and in the end we punish ourselves for their bad behavior. We end up losing control over our own actions because of the way other people act. But we are responsible for our own action, regardless of how rude other people may act. If it’s hard to stay cool, remember, you are the one who loses in the end.
Garbage In, Garbage Out
- This is an expression from programming where the result is only as good as the input. So if you’re feeding yourself with negativity all day long then it’s pretty obvious you’re going to be feeling negative as well. A lot of the media including news and TV thrive on negativity so put yourself on a negativity diet (including people) and watch how much easier it is to maintain your positive attitude.
Recharge your batteries
- A key to maintaining your positive attitude is taking the time to recharge your batteries. This might mean taking a few hours on the weekend to read a positive book or taking a few weeks for a holiday. If you’re not in the position to travel you can always have a home comfort holiday style where you simply switch off from the outside world and spend time doing things you love.
- We know life is about the journey and not the arrival. We don’t need to arrive if we accept that we are already here.
- Be content with where you are today and don’t make the mistake of putting off being happy because you are waiting for the right moment to shine. Sometimes it takes a conscious effort to enjoy the journey.
You know, not everyone woke up this morning and not everyone will go to bed tonight. Life has no guarantees. Every minute we are living is a blessing that has to be experienced in the moment. It’s not always easy, but it’s always an option . . . A choice. Your choice.
Bonjour Monday! 🙂