What Does It Really Mean Being a Classy Mademoiselle | Madame!
In my heart I truly believe that there is no amount of makeup is ever going to cover the bad traits from the inside that exudes to the outside of a personality if you truly do not project yourself in a classy way. If you are open to constructive self-criticism and you are willing to take a few practical and essential steps toward becoming more classy, then please read on . . . we will talk about some of the fundamental elements of a woman’s personality that makes her more “classy”.
I sincerely over the years have seen many faces in real life, on television, on social medial screen such as YouTube that when the camera is turned off … a completely different persona appears. Why is that? Does it means that we as women of this day and age in this society have lost all of our passion to be classy and with proper etiquette of realness? I always try to remind myself that being a female is a matter of birth, being a woman is a matter of age, but being a lady is a matter of choice … Classiness cannot be bought by money, it has to be cultivated. So the answer to the question is very easy even though it is a trait that we must cultivate overtime, it will not happen overnight … but it can be done, the choice is yours!
Every woman wants a true gentleman, they want to be treated right and they deserve it. However, you must be and act like a lady to attract a true gentleman. Being a Classy Woman simply means displays self respect, class, appreciation, etiquette, wit, and sense of humor and she will not allow her mood to affect her manners. Being a classy lady doesn’t mean that you should be snobby or stuck up, but that you should have dignity, consideration, and moderation in your daily actions. Let’s us all learn and adapt these golden etiquette because … We are the women of today’ society and we should be a mirror image for the women that we are . . . Classy & Fabulous!
Photo credit: Pinerest
Here are the some characteristics of a classy lady:
Have some good Mannerism
- A classy woman is always well-mannered. She greets people in a friendly manner, she’s generous with her smiles and is always ready to say ‘sorry’, ‘please’, ‘thank-you’ and ‘welcome’ at the appropriate time and she does not respond with a “yea, yup, nope, or nah”. Be gracious, a class lady doesn’t only introduce herself with a “hello” she also adds “It’s a pleasure to meet you”. A classy lady speaks with confidence and talks clearly enough for others to understand her. Avoid saying “hi,” or “um” because that will make you look unrefined. Loud and obnoxious and foul mouth are top taboos. While at church, meetings, a classy lady turns her phone off or puts it on silent. She gives her attention to what is going on in front of her and expects the same. The moment where a woman utter expletives or talk like a public nuisance is where she is declaring to the whole world that she’s a disaster. The key here is to avoid being rude and inconsiderate to others.
- When talking to people, always look straight into the person’s eyes. Shifty eyes are a sign of disrespect. A woman of class is also mindful of putting her mobile phone aside and not fiddling with it while in the middle of a conversation. She knows that attending to her phone while talking to someone shows that she is not respecting the other person’s time. If you’re going to call someone do it after 9 a.m and before 9 p.m. Refrain from using vulgar language. You should remember that the language you use represents your mind and heart. A classy woman is certainly not one who babbles non-stop and let loose her tongue without any self-restrain. Gossiping and bitching about others are something that she does not participate, even though such discussion can be going on.
- A Classy Woman Understands when showing pride is appropriate. A classy woman knows how to get angry the “right” way. She doesn’t get “ballistic,” abusive or violent with guys unless the circumstances really justify this kind of extreme response, which is very rare, as she knows that there is always a better option is to simply walk away from a bad situation. There are many aspects to what constitute good social etiquette, but the basics always include sitting upright and not slouching, not propping your leg up on the other like a man, talking when there’s still food in her mouth, eating with mouth opened, she will chew her food first, and will not talk with a mouth full of food or yawn with mouth wide opened and uncovered.
- A classy lady offers her help and is considerate to those around her. When she receives an invitation she promptly RSVPs or declines, she sends a thank you note to display her gratitude. Every time she attends a gathering she does not arrive empty handed. She brings a small hostess gift. A classy lady is a woman of her word. She has a respectable reputation based on her consistency of her word. She keeps her promises and obligations. She’s known amongst her friends and family as someone who is dependable.
Having The Real Style
- A sense of fashion is an integral part of class, this also applies to her dressing. She dresses not to impress, but to express. She knows her body well enough to dress in a way that enhances her beauty. Something that will hide her flaws, fits her perfectly yet suits her style.
- Flamboyant dressing, over the top look, showing of too much skin and cleavage is also almost a no no. It doesn’t mean she cannot show her nice skin or cleavage at all. The purpose is always to enhance and not to attract attention, so it must be done appropriately and in good taste. A classy woman is a big fan of subtlety, she is confident enough to know that she doesn’t need to dress loudly or be seen in the latest trends all the time to make a statement. Dress very tastefully, and dress appropriately for every occasion. The key here is to dress with dignity. It does not have to cost much, its more important to find clothes that actually fit her right.
Putting Your Best Face Forward
- Stepping out of the house with a bare face is a rarity for a classy woman. Unless she has perfect, flawless and even toned skin, otherwise there will always be some makeup done to cover up their flaws. Not to say that she has to spend hours putting on full makeup all the time. It’s all about about hiding the little dark circles, toning down the puffy eyes, putting some blusher and a dab a dash of lipstick before stepping out of the house. It can even be a simple barely there light makeup for a casual stroll in the local park. The focus key is to look bright and healthy, not pale, tired and sickly.
Having the Confidence | Modesty Is a Golden Virtue
- A classy woman knows how to embrace and bring out her femininity. She has her own thoughts and opinions and is not afraid to speak up at the right time, but also knows when is the appropriate time to step back and tone down.
- Confidence is the foundational block, without this it is almost impossible to live as a true classy woman. Confidence means not having to play miss nice all the time just to get others’ approval, not trying to manipulate or impress people, and certainly not putting others down and elevating oneself. Being modest is about being to down to earth and humble. She accepts compliments with sincere gratitude, treats everyone with respect and sees no need to display power over anyone, it simply means being sure of herself value and worth as a great woman.
- A Classy Woman knows the importance of subtlety. This is one of the most important qualities and distinguishing characteristic of having class. To be classy, you must be subtle in many areas of your life. Subtlety implies a degree of moderation, lack of flamboyance, lack of impulse to attract attention, and generally not trying too hard. A subtle woman has style but she doesn’t look like a designer model. She dresses sexy but avoid the look of trashy. She uses a minimum amount of perfume and makeup that one can barely tell that she has any, and she talks just enough but certainly not too much and tends to be on a quite side. A classy woman will usually come across as “low key” in a social situation. This is not to say that she is shy or lacking confidence. On the contrary, her confidence puts her at ease and relieves her of any desire or need to validate herself to her company.
- A Classy Woman knows that success is more attractive when coupled with modesty and humbleness. A woman who has true class and strong sense of self does not need to run around and tell everyone how smart and successful she is, whether it’s in “real” life, or on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram or anywhere else. This urge to validate herself through bragging is an absolute clear sign of insecurity and of not being classy period. A classy woman lets her actions, rather than words, prove to others who she is, and she is not in a hurry to announce to everyone around how great she is. Whether she is at a job interview or on a date, a classy girl is not going to act like she is God’s gift to this world or to the person who she is talking to. Modesty & humbleness is key.
Being a true classy woman is not an easy thing. I’m sure there are more rules to what defines a classy woman. The above essential points do not fully define what being a classy woman means, but they are surely a great start on your personal journey toward becoming a more attractive woman to those qualities guys who you are interested in meeting.
Happy Etiquette & On Your Way To Becoming A Lady Of Class! 🙂