It’s officially the summertime, which means it’s officially one of my favorite season ever. The summer offers so many fun opportunities. We don’t have to worry about school, we have a lot of time for ourself, and the weather is nice enough to enjoy the good outdoors.
Summer is all about opportunity, getting out, trying new things, and finding yourself. It’s easy to list the things that we should do during summer vacation in order to achieve these things but what about the things we should avoid? Below are a few of the things that we should not do this summer in order to maintain balance, happiness, and have one hell of a summer break.
The things we should try “Not To Do” this Summer
Remember when we were complaining about the snow and cold temperatures? . . . Here’s our chance, let’s not complain now about the summer sun, embrace the heat, wear less, go out more. 🙂
Don’t Avoid The Beach or Pool Because Of Bathing Suits
- I know that being in a bathing suit can be scary. But if you love going to the beach or pool, don’t avoid those things simply because you think your body isn’t good enough to wear a bathing suit. Who says you have to wear a string bikini if you feel uncomfortable in it? There are so many amazing one-piece suits out there, as well as high-waisted bikinis, gorgeous plus-size swimsuits, and so much more for every figure. Just find one that makes YOU feel good and don’t stress over what anyone else might think.
Try Not To Wear Heavy Parfum To The Pool or The Beach
- For me, I don’t think so… I mean, there are fragrances out there that are supposed to smell like the beach so why not just go and come back smelling like the beach (sans fragrance). Perhaps, for a walk on the beach, yes, but if I go sunbathing or swimming no then I don’t see any use for it.
Don’t Tan All Day
- I love a good tan. But please do not make it your life goal to get as orange, It’s not a good look on anyone, and it’s really, really bad for you. If you want to lay in the sun, I support you, but wear a good SPF and a hat, and don’t stay out too long.
Do Not Skip Sunscreen
- I’m not just talking about at the beach. The weather is different, and the sun is stronger right now. Put sunscreen on every single morning, especially if you have sensitive skin and/or you’ll be outside a lot. Even if you could just get a moisturizer with SPF, that’s better than nothing.
Don’t Stay In and Sleep In
- It goes without say that summer is the time when you usually have the most free time. Don’t waste your days indoors. Get out and be spontaneous! Explore your surroundings, there’s always something out there to do.
Don’t Be Heartbroken
- Let me tell you, summer is the best time to heal because of the lack of heavy workload that exists during the school year. Use summer to slowly move on from heartbreak. If you are starting a relationship during the summer proceed with caution, be lit not sad during break
Don’t Be Afraid of Change
- Don’t forget about that old desk that you’ve been meaning to throw out, or that Pinterest room decor that you’ve been meaning to do for months. Change up your space and redecorate. There’s millions of college budget ways to do this the information is all online at the tip of your fingers.
Don’t Forget to Enjoy Your Own Moment
- I truly believe that you should take a moment to relax, find yourself, even if you feel lazy, still enjoy yourself this summer. But you should also do at least a few productive things. Whether it’s going on a short trip, enjoy the scenery, starting early on your summer reading, or even just learning a new hobby, try to do at least one productive thing a day. It makes you feel good!
Try Not To Have A Free Unproductive Weekend
- Try and be productive even on your lazy days. Start a book and read out by the pool. You can relax and be productive, always maintain good energy and stay happy.
Bonjour Monday! 🙂