We usually neglect the very small things in our blogs. Perhaps, sometimes those small changes can bring us massive results. Successful blogging requires right Blogging tools and efforts to stand out, but with the blog marketing space growing so crowded it can be very difficult to select the right platforms to stand out from the crowd. 🙁
Just like each every individual person, blog have their own personality, which is clearly visible in the form of content, design and elements on our blog. So, how about we take that precious moment to enhance the personality of our blog and give a great impression to our readers. There are many things which we can do to make our blog attractive and I’m sure you must have planned many things for your next blog redesign. Everyone wants to make their own blogs look better and attractive. So let’s give it a try to implement the following methods to drive interesting points for our blog. 🙂
To put it into perspective here are some figures:
- 2 million – Blog posts are written every day.
- 500 million – Number of tweets sent every day.
- 2.7 billion – Number of likes on Facebook every day.
- 3.5 billion – Number of webpages run by WordPress viewed each month.
- 5 billion – How many times per day the +1 button on Google+ is used.
- 1.2 trillion – Number of searches on Google in 2012.
Sources: Royal Pingdom And Cnet
But first . . . Cafe! 🙂
How do we stand out in the vast sea of content flowing through the internet? How do we make ours more interesting, easy to share, and unique. A few of many things any successful a blog needs in the long run.
Blog design matters
- You can never create a great impact on your first time visitors by using cheap or free themes. Here are few tips to make your blog design more attractive.
Think before you blog
- Know what kind of blog you have. Are you a fashion couture blog? A generalist? A food blog? An inspirational blog? This doesn’t mean be constrained by labels, but it does mean you should think “what am I trying to accomplish by blogging this …” before you post.
Tell a Story
- You may be writing about some boring industry concept, but that doesn’t mean you can’t weave in a little storytelling. Telling stories or anecdotes is a great way to engage your readers and make your content relatable. It also makes your reader realize that behind that stuffy industry concept is a real person who’s writing it, and that’s me! 🙂
Add a GIF
- Animated GIFs are great for catching readers’ attention and making your content just a little bit more interesting.
Share your favorite blogs/bloggers
- Sharing the blogs and bloggers you follow is never a bad idea. Give the resources to your readers; believe me, they are grateful and and will be your all time favorite follower. 🙂
Make your blog a learning spot
- Well design does matter but by the end of the day, it’s always your content matters the most. Publishing new article everyday, will never guarantee you blog success but you need to come up with interesting topics and ideas for your blog post. And add a twist, blog with your own personality as if you are talking to your readers through the page. 🙂
Don’t overdo with the Ads
- There are many blogs (especially the new blogs) have every ad under the sun. What’s the use if you put them without having enough traffic? It also slows down your blog’s loading time. Focus more on driving targeted readers to your blog and make them loyal. Sooner or later they will certainly prefer your services be it buying a eBook, signing up to your membership program or something else. You are not running a blog agency, don’t plaster too many ads, it may kill your blog’s credibility. And, even if you wish to start, put 1-2 ad unit without hampering readability of content. Specially, avoid putting ads in between the article and avoid pop-up ads. So ditch the unwanted ads and promote the right stuff which suits your blogging niche or style.
- Publish the best comments that your blog has received throughout the history & get to know and recognize your readers from their fabulous comments left over the course of the month or years. 🙂
What would you do to implement your lovely blog to make it more interesting?
Bonjour Monday! 🙂