No matter how much we love our job, Mondays are tough, It’s not easy to shift our mind-set into work mode after a few days of Springtime fun and relaxation. Mondays are undoubtedly the most hectic day of the week.
As it is with other things in life, it is a matter of seeing the glass half empty or half full. We can be overwhelmed with all the duties and deadlines we are in charge of, or we can be enthusiastic about the responsibilities and goals thrown upon us.
Left unchecked, the Monday Blues can really bust our entire week. They can affect our overall motivation for work, and cause us to lose focus and get behind on projects, negative feelings also travel fast. The Monday Blues are contagious, and we could spread them around like a virus. And no one wants that. But we can definitely nip the Monday Blues in the bud with these simple things that we already have within us to start every week off right.
Dress to win
- We have to dress for success, especially on Mondays. Don’t allow our attitude to determine our appearance, dress the way we want to feel. When we look good, we feel good and we perform well. Pick out our cutest shoes, our brightest bling, and our favorite floral dress, and be ready to face the world when we step out of our fabulous closet.
Dress our work desk
- Of course, we can deck out more than our personal appearance. We can dress up our desk, too, I fill my work space with photos, flowers, and positive quotes. Coming in Monday with a clean slate, a fresh desk, and surrounded by some of my favorite things helps me get my week off to a better start.
Grow some green
- Keeping a plant on our desk can bring some much needed life and color into an otherwise kinda dreary workspace.
Make a list of the things we’re excited about
- We often look at the week ahead of us and think of all the tough stuff we have to do and the difficult tasks ahead of us, turn that around. Sunday evening, make a list of three things we look forward to at work that week. This might put us in a more positive mood. If we can’t think of three things we look forward to, that might be an indication that we need to make some changes.
Watch a cute Panda video on YouTube
- Watching an adorable Panda video makes us happy. Watching a cute cute cutest Panda video can improve our mood and energy levels to give us the push for the happy start of the Monday.
It’s Monday morning | Make someone else happy
- Spread our happiness (after watching a cute Panda video) think of the people we know and decide which of them might appreciate some kind gesture from us. It could be something small. A piece of chocolate, a stem of tulip. Even saying “Bonjour” to someone we see often but never greet can do wonders for their day. We hardly need to be reminded that we too will feel happier when we see how our action is appreciated.
- Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen.
Bonjour Monday! Wishing everyone a Fabulous week ahead! 🙂