The word “sexy” in this modern day society has become synonymous with the sky high stiletto steps made well known by Victoria’s Secret advertisement billboards. While that is sexy, it is a very “high level” approach to what the word really means. Sexiness, much more than beauty, is very subjective. What I find sexy, you may not find sexy, and perhaps vice versa.
The first thing we need to do is get rid of this damaging perception that only women who look like airbrushed magazine advertisements are sexy. Sexiness has a special power to it. It moves us. It influences us. It’s an energy that both excites and attracts us. It even motivates us. I simply believe that there is so much more to it than that. Every time I have an opportunity to visit a fashion blog written by a normal and natural pretty face girl next door. I love how real and natural her blog is, not even a single shade of filter, even the hair wildly blowing in the wind or the squint of the eyes posing for the photos under the bright sun . . . to me that is naturally sexy!
So, for those of us who live in the real world, what makes a woman sexy? | The things that makes us women sexy:
- Passion for life. Passion for another person. Passion for an interest, a hobby, art, music, anything that drives us. To see a woman in her element and truly loving what she is doing is sexy. Passion is sexy. It just is. Without passion, love fades. Without passion, life fades.
- Confidence is key. Being “perfect” is not. A strong, purposeful walk, head held high, eye contact, and a wide, welcoming smile go a long way. It’s about the way she walks into a room and somehow instantly catches your attention. It’s the vibration she gives off, so even when your eyes can’t see her, you can nonetheless feel her presence. Confidence breeds more than just a strong presence or attraction. It’s the foundation for a strong life and success.
- I truly believe that compassion never goes out of style. Compassion is the hidden drive for life and the positive outlook of living our lives in a more serene and loving way.
- in my opinion, class has nothing to do with the price tag on our outfits. Class is about the dignity we carry ourselves with and the level of respect we show to those around us. It doesn’t matter what kind of car someone is driving, what part of town they live in, or what brand of clothing they’re wearing. If they have an ugly attitude and embarrass others in public, none of it matters.
- Kindness toward others is a disappointingly rare quality in modern society. Taking a few moments to go out of your way to talk to someone, showing compassion to another member of the human race, regardless of who they are or where they’re from, shows heart, and a level of depth that could never be made up for by a beautiful exterior.
- When a woman is genuinely herself and doesn’t change for anyone, it shows many of the above qualities all together. It also shows that she has enough respect for you to be up-front with you and not hide anything. How long will you stay in a committed relationship with a beautiful or handsome liar? If you cannot trust your partner or believe what they say, how can you construct a solid, lasting foundation with them? You really can’t.
- Ambition gives us woman a purpose, a drive, a direction in life. Ambition is sexy because it lets a man who has his own goals see his mate as a partner, a teammate, someone he can take on the world with.
- There is no denying that someone’s looks are what initially draws us to them. It’s difficult to spot a great personality from across the room. Many a fling was built on physical attraction alone, but how long can it last?
- When conversations lack depth or intrigue, we often fill our time with physical activity together, but it is impossible to build a real connection or lasting relationship with someone on that alone. Being intellectually challenging and having the ability to hold real discussions about meaningful topics will always trump shallow beauty in the long run.
Now that’s sexy!
And last but not least, as for the sexy in the relationship, there is nothing wrong with putting value on your appearance and that of your partner. We all do it. I know I do. Physical attraction is the fundamental starting point of essentially any relationship. But if that is the only glue bonding the two of you together, your connection will quickly weaken and break apart. The flame may burn strongly … but briefly.
Bonjour Monday! Wishing everyone a fabulous and happy week! 🙂