This world is full of beauty, but the most beautiful things are those simple things that teach us profound lessons. Often, we miss these things when we let life get in the way. We fail to see the beauty of simplicity. Find beauty in the little things. It’s amazing to me how when I stop the incessant mental chatter, and actually just see things, I am blown away by how beautiful they are. The trees swaying, the leaves blowing around on the ground, the waves crashing on the shore.
The simplest of things have the most profound beauty. But you can only see them if you’re really there. If your mind is brooding, if you’re off somewhere else, you’ll completely miss them. Life is mostly made up of routines and patterns. Every day we act them out and they are what make up the bulk of our lives. Many of us live according to a socially acceptable template, within the realm of safety, while living repetitively and dreaming of ways to escape.
Here are some things that just have to make us smile and remember because of it, we are always in a better place, no matter how hard or difficult life is at the moment.
- The new day, every day, we are given a new chance at life. What a beautiful thing that is. Ask the person who is dying or someone who just lost a loved one. Life is a gift, and we should never take it for granted. Create something beautiful with each day God grants us.
- The smile of a stranger, when we are out and about, seeing faces of worry all around us, it is truly a beautiful sight to see the smile of a stranger. Their smile reminds us that there is goodness in the world when we look for it, and that we should spread that goodness to others by remembering to smile ourselves.
- Don’t miss all those little moments that are “now” not meant to come. Don’t let our present pass us by.
- Always be grateful for our health. Never take it for granted. we never know what tomorrow can bring.
- Sit and appreciate the beauty of childlike wonder. What it is to be innocent, not jaded? To not have responsibilities. To say what we think and to have the best of intentions behind it. To see the interest and beauty in things that we take for granted.
- The goals we have actually achieved that we are not acknowledging. Give ourselves credit for our unique accomplishments and talents. People struggle with compliments, or even admitting to themselves that they have done a pretty amazing job. Own it, we did it, we deserve to bask in the glow for the next five minutes. 🙂
- We never know what someone else is capable is of until we give them a chance. By doing so, we might change their lives. We might bolster their self-confidence, and let them know for the first time that we believe in them and their abilities.
- No matter if we have fallen out or drifted apart, memories will always exist. No one can take them from us. Cherish them. Be grateful for them, and appreciate that we were lucky enough to have the opportunity to have had them in the first place.
- Everything that we will do in life will come to an end, but it has not yet. Enjoy each second of it while we are experiencing it, and while we are being given the opportunity. we never know if and when it will come around again.
- The love others are trying to give to us.
- We are not promised tomorrow, but we are given today. We need to take as much advantage of it as possible. Tell people we love them, do the best we can do, and do something that we purely enjoy.
- Judge others for the way they treat us. Form our own opinions. Give them the opportunity to truly show themselves to us. We never know what someone is capable of, or what lies in their heart, until we give them the opportunity to show us. And mostly try to avoid forming opinions based on second hand information.
- There are struggles that we have all faced, maybe ones that have given us a wrinkle or gray hair, but what they have also given us is character. They are part of who we are, what built us, and what gave us our strength.
- While most of us have lost people in our lives who were important to us, and that fact is pain, what most of us fail to realize is the beauty we have, and are always left with, that they were part of our lives. That they chose us, that they shared themselves with us, and that we will always have those memories.
- No matter what we have said or done at any point before this exact minute, we have within us the power to make better choices and to change. Many of us have been lucky enough to know what tools already, and many of us have people in our life who are willing to help teach us tools to change our lives and be the best version of ourselves.
- Doors don’t stay open forever. Take the chances that are provided to us today, as they might not be there tomorrow.
- We will never get today back, embrace it. We will never be this young again, this content, again, this calm again, whatever it may be for us.
What are your thoughts for today? 🙂
Bonjour Monday! 🙂