I love love love shoes because I feel they are the completion of what I have chosen to wear for that particular occasion. I love shoes as much as the next girl can attest to … and over the years I will admit I have spent just a small small fortune on shoes.
I think the reason for why do women love shoes so much is because they are so much fun to buy as well as to wear. There’s a lifeline sign on the door to my little work studio that says “the higher the heel the better you feel” and I really truly believe that, whether they’re making you feel taller, sexier, more confident, powerful, or glamorous. I cannot ever deny that they are certainly like an example of fine food to my stomach. 🙂
Destiny had it in the stars for me, the beginning of a love affair, the first true love I had with high heels was in my mother’s wardrobe closet. Fortunately and lovely for me, she was always a Manolos woman, so watching her get dressed and trying on her shoes was an absolute fabulous introduction to my little future obsession. In some ways I always wanted to be tall like my Maman (I’m not even very short but have always had tall friends) so finding the highest beautiful pair of heels out there became my goal . . . for life. 🙂
I think us women love beautiful high heels because they can transform our outfit and lift our mood instantly. It’s surely a confidence thing, the same feeling as when I have a new haircut. I feel good about my look. Because shoes are beautiful accessories, perhaps, I dare to try styles that are more decorative and expressive than I might with pieces of clothing.
Beautifully designed shoes are wearable objects. When I was 18, my Maman (Mother) gave me one of my first special pairs. I’d had my eye on them for ages and must have talked about them so much that she just gave in and bought it for me. They were super high gunmetal metallic platforms by Tom Ford for Gucci. They just instantly felt like a rare piece of Bijoux (gem) to me. 🙂
I’ve now got two shoe archives in my home, one is a glass cabinet full of sentimental shoes, and then I’ve got all of my other shoes collections in their original boxes stashed up against the the wall in my closet. 🙂
“Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world.”
– Marilyn Monroe
The purely simple reasons why I love shoes . . . So much!
- Shoes definitely give me more confidence. I just love the way that you can put on a pair of shoes and feel so different. Shoes for me are my rescue remedy at anytime!
- Wearing the right pair of shoes can improve our posture. Anyone with back problems knows that a lot of problems are due to slouching and wearing the wrong shoes.
- High heels certainly and instantly make your derrière look more pert & lifted … no sugar coated here 🙂
Absolutely Longer Legs
- Shoes can dramatically change our appearance, I’m a firm believer in nude heels elongating our legs. The best investment shoes are a pair of well made and well cut natural nude courts.
- When I wear shoes, they do have certain physical changes that take place. I stand taller, even in a pair of low heeled or flat shoes, my posture improves and my legs look longer. Shoes complete an outfit. A little black dress can be dressed down with some flats or dressed up with some heels. it’s very true that a simple change of shoes is all I need to go from smart to casual or vice versa.
Beautiful Shoes Tell a Story
- There is a great old saying that you can tell all you need to know about a person by the shoes that they are wearing. Tell a story, play on it and go elaborate by adding some drama to our outfit.
- It has been proven that buying new shoes increases a lady’s dopamine levels by an unusual amount. A natural high that makes us feel good and have purchasing self-confidence. Well absolutely count me in!
When Times Are Tough
- Well, as the saying goes, when things get tough, women like to buy things. We do this for two reasons: it makes us feel better and it makes us feel as if things are not as bad as they seem after all. 🙂
What about you, do you have a love for shoes … beautiful high heel shoes . . . A pair of fabulous high heel shoes that you just cannot walk away from … without ever feeling the guilt for not purchasing it? I absolutely have … 🙂 🙂
My never ending of a great love affair . . . My lovable beautiful, fabulous shoes!
Bonjour Monday! 🙂