As a modern woman in today’s society, we love the idea of “stealing” our Boyfriend’s clothes . . . Perhaps it added an edge and practical enough for the look of an every day style. Or it could just be a convenient as an overnight stay to borrow his white shirt to lounge round in. For whatever the reasons, it’s feminine yet has a masculine edge and brings out a statement in personal styles. It’s the best of both worlds!
Having a boyfriend or husband has many benefits, for one instance his super soft brown sweatshirt hoodie is one of them. We seem to be attracted to what our boyfriend relaxed, casual style through some strange, an unexplained force of nature. There’s an ease of comfort and relaxed about their t-shirts, a pair of old worn jeans, a cozy hoodie and slight mystery of a fedora hat.
Here are some benefits to be borrowing your boyfriend’s pieces of clothes & accessory and make it your own look with a twist on it.
The Boyfriend’s Jeans
- “Boyfriend” jeans didn’t earn that name out of thin air. Some of the most stylish women around have been wearing oversized men’s jeans for years, and it was only a matter of time before denim brands took note. Go for a worn, lighter-washed pair, cuff them at the ankles, and wear a belt if need be to keep them up. Boyfriend jeans are both comfortable and fashionable. If you can manage to fit into your boyfriend’s jeans on your own or with a belt, pair it with a tight tank top. If the jeans are too long, just cuff them at the bottoms. The best way to make any of your boyfriend’s clothes work as a fashionable outfit is to have half the outfit baggy and half form fitting. I love the look of men’s jeans for date nights paired with a sexy pair of heels for the complete feminine feel and look.
The Boyfriend’s T-shirt
- Give your boyfriend’s t-shirt a fresh look, by pairing them with lace and sequin skirts, statement collared necklaces, and more. Even though the top is a man’s cut, but it looks particularly great when you paired with very feminine girly items. Definitely make it more fashionable with some oversized feminine jewelry. It’s a simple, comfortable, and classic look, and probably the easiest way to wear your boyfriend’s clothes. Accessories and makeup can make all the difference in turning a boring plain t-shirt into something stylish.
The boyfriend’s Watch
- Consider a men’s accesorry gold watch the perfect starter piece to begin layering bracelets. This is an item you can wear everywhere. Don’t worry if the strap on the watch is slightly big. It can be worn low, loose, lightly twisty on your wrist like a bangle.
The Boyfriend’s Fedora
- If you happen to wake up at your boyfriend’s place having a bad hair day. Why not borrow his cute little fedora hat to hide your hair instead. The look of the hat is originally made for men, women have claimed and rocked the fedora look recently. Definitely more fashionable than trying to sport a fitted cap to hide your hair.
The Boyfriend’s Stylish Belt
- Turn your boyfriend’s stylish belt into a statement piece by wearing it with low-cut jeans for casual days about town. If the belt is lightly too big on you, try to knot it (instead of properly belting it)
The Boyfriend’s Jean Jacket
- Jean jackets are a classic statement piece never to fade away in the fashion world, and an oversize option from your boyfriend’s closet is perfect for draping over your shoulders on those chilly summer and fall nights. Pair it with a feminine, flirty dress for a nice feminine and sporty contrast.
His classic Oversized White Button-Down | Timeless and sexy
- The classic white oversized white button down shirt aways looks great paired with everything from ripped jeans, black skinny jeans to a pencil skirt or the slightly above the knee flare skirt or dare to pair it with a sleek pleather skirt for an edgy look. Also, once you are in the comfort zone in your home, the classic white shirt can acts as a throw on comfort piece to lounge around in.
There’s a certain confidence and attitude that comes along with a woman who can assert her femininity even when clothed in her boyfriend’s clothing. To me, it’s seductive to see a woman throw on her boyfriend’s shirt and look utterly, and effortlessly, sexy. What about you, do you like wearing your boyfriend’s clothing?
Also, don’t forget to sign up for my Special Video Intro Give-Away from my last post. Click on this LINK it will guide you back to my last post to sign up for the drawing. The winner will receive an introduction promotion short film about them, who they are, what they do, what their blog entails & the overall work they do for their blog. And you can download your blogpost. The deadline to enter for the drawing will be on July 22nd.
You can view some video examples in my film portfolio HERE Please enter “hello” as the password to view.
Happy Borrowing Boyfriend’s Outfit Day! 🙂