“Be a girl with a mind, a woman with attitude and a lady with class.”
It’s the very simple things that can make us feel like an elegant and classy lady . . .
When an elegant, classy girl, walks into a room, you will be able to see the guys’ heads turn. It’s not money, it’s not education and it’s not in the genetic, that makes a classy girl . . . It’s an attitude and a determination to be that way, and I truly believe anyone can do it. So, forget all about the Swiss Manner & Charm school and all the deportment lessons, here are the simple ways that anyone can be an elegant and classy lady:
Mind our language
- The very first thing that will scream, ‘No Class!’ to a man or anyone, is a girl who has a bad tongue and uses lots of bad language. Even if we get everything else right, if a string of four letter words comes forth from our mouths, every time we speak, we will give off the image of anything, but a lady.
- Ladies, we really don’t need to shout to get other people’s attention. Talk softly, politely and don’t talk too fast. People will still notice us and they will treat us like a real lady in return.
- Think of walking tall and proud and walk ever step with confidence. We can make a statement with the way that we hold ourselves. So, think elegance and grace, with every step we take, and we will look and feel the part of a true lady.
Be careful how we sit down, exit or entering the car
- Never, just plonk ourselves down, in a seat and always be aware of what our clothes are doing, as we sit. Gently place ourselves down, in a graceful, and ladylike manner, and remember; it should all be one elegant, fluid movement.
Keep our maquillage looking subtle
- Wear makeup that is appropriate for the occasion and use subtle and naturel looking tones. A bold lip colour can certainly look great for an evening out, but it won’t make us feel sophisticated and cool during the day.
Wear a good parfum scent
- A good quality scent will add to our feeling of sophistication too. Not too much, or too overpowering though, just enough subtle perfume to make an impression and leave a lasting memory. That’s what every girl needs.
Get a manicure
- Always look after our nails and get a professional manicure regularly. Elegant hands and nails are a sure sign of a lady and they look far more at home, holding a champagne flute at a party, than chipped unpolished nails ever will!
Wear great looking clothes and great hair
- Try to absolutely avoid being too casual with our clothing. We don’t need to wear expensive designer clothes to look classy. Clean, well fitting clothes will make us feel so much more confident and elegant. And, don’t forget about the hair. A regular visit to our favourite Salon de coiffure will keep us feeling on top of the world too.
Invest in some beautiful lingerie
- Quality lingerie can have an amazing effect on how we feel. When we know that what we are wearing under our clothes looks great, it can change our whole demeanour and attitude. It’s like our very own, classy girl, secret weapon!
Believe in our hearts that we are classy & elegant
- Believe in ourselves, because elegance is generated by confidence. There are so many ways that a girl can project a ladylike image, and so many ways that she can wreck the image quickly too. Think about how we want to look and the image that we want to project and, if we believe it, it will happen!
“Elegance is the only beauty that never fades.”
Stay happy, be elegant and feel beautiful!
Bonjour Monday! Wishing everyone a fabulous week ahead! 🙂