The simple and lovely things that inspired me . . .
Inspiration is truly a state of mind where I feel highly stimulated to do something. The sense of fulfillment, full of energy and enthusiasm completely dedicated to what I am doing. To seek inspiration is to look beyond to a certain possibitities that can help guide through the things in life. And if we look hard enough, it will reveal to us.
Inspiration is just about everywhere. We just need to look around and find it. Walk, contemplate, listen, read, breathe and as a result of that … we create.
People are well deeply connected to the sense of nature. Living in big cities that have so many tall buildings and are far from the forests have made it difficult for us to maintain that connection. Fortunately, there are still big parks, woods, gardens and many trees that are protected and well kept to this day.
The wonderful thing about life is regardless of where we reside, there are always a few places like this nearby. A beach, a historical museum, a view place from which we can see our whole city, an old library, a forest path, a mountain path.
It is one of the best ways to hear our inner voice, to just contemplate, concentrate on our breathing and control our thoughts. I hope these ideas will help in some ways. If you’ve been feeling the heavy weight on your feet lately or a bit uninspired, these ideas may help you find inspiration. 🙂
- Music is both a motivational and inspirational technique. When we need to get inspired, we can listen to music with nature sounds, for meditation or classical. These are the best types that will relax our mind, body and soul and will wake up the creativity in us.
Just lie down and turn on a good mix of soothing sounds or something by the greatest composers of all time. Close your eyes and listen.
- Read a great novel/poem/essay/biography. This will give us new ideas, help us see the world from another angle and by getting to know someone else’s story, we will find some answers for our life.
Find out what genre of literature inspires us the most and start reading a few pages every morning.
“If we look at the world with a love of life, the world will reveal its beauty to us.” ~Daisaku Ikeda
Find Inspiration in Nature
- Take photograph of things that looks beautiful.
- Watch your dogs as they play freely in the grass so innocently.
- Take a stroll with nature, practice mindfulness, and deliberately lose track of time for a while.
- Find a place on the green grass to sit down and practice deep breathing while listening to nature sounds.
Find Inspiration on the Web
- Search for tweets with the hashtag #inspiration.
- Search Facebook for new inspirational pages to follow.
- Watch short clips of Inspirational Speeches on YouTube.
- Look through inspirational photo quotes on Pinterest site.
- Read blogs written by people who have overcome difficulties.
- Learn & share ideas to change the world through social media.
- Find the right time to share vulnerably and authentically in a blog post. Give inspiration to receive it.
Find Inspiration in Possibilities
- Brainstorm for ideas for a new project, a new blog post.
- Try something you’ve always assumed you can’t do.
- Create a vision board with pictures of all of those things.
- Think about the challenges you face and identify possibly solutions.
- Jot down a bucket list of all the things you’d like to do in your lifetime.
- Submit your resume for a dream job instead of assuming you can’t get it.
- Teach someone to do something and tap into your potential as a guide and lead.
- Immerse yourself in learning something new and allow yourself to forget about the limitations of time.
Source Credit Photo Book Inspire: cosmic-darkness.tumblr.com
Find Inspiration in People
- Ask everyone you see today what they’re grateful for.
- Join an organization of people making a positive difference in the world.
- Notice what matters to someone and focus solely on how they experience it.
- Read an autobiography by someone who has marched to the beat of their own drummer.
- Listen to music that moves you and think about what the songwriter felt when he/she wrote it.
- Ask someone you love what they consider to be the most important thing they’ve learned.
- Ask your parents to tell you what you were like as a child, and remember what mattered to you then.
- Ask someone to tell you about the thing they love the most in life, and watch how they light up sharing their passion.
Find Inspiration in Yourself
- Disconnect for a while and write our thoughts on a page journal.
- Recognize in yourself the strengths you see in other people.
- Make a conscious decision to let go of something that doesn’t serve you.
- Sing in the shower. Put your heart into and release your feelings through music & sing loud.
- Give yourself a pressure-free day with nothing to do except the things you enjoy.
- Enjoy something you created in the past such as a blog post, a video, a drawing, or a project.
- Try something new and believe in the sensation rewarding of stretching beyond your comfort zone.
- Make today the day you embrace a new healthy habit that can change your life for the better.
- Reflect on everything you’ve learned and accomplished and how you’ve made a positive difference in the world.
- Express yourself creatively in a way you never have before, by sculpting, for example, and see what comes in your mind and heart.
What inspired you today? What makes you feel inspired? What lifts you up and brings contentment and peace to your days?
Happy Monday! 🙂