Everyone needs a little “moi” time. Especially when there is just “moi” while the boyfriend is away. We all need that time to pamper ourselves a little after that busy day. It doesn’t matter if it is late evening, nighttime, or early morning. Take the time and the steps to pamper yourself. Remember that we as a whole and what we are is this only beautiful life we have. So treat ourselves well and like ourselves. Self-kindness can be a small, simple act that generates positive knock-on effects.
As the old saying goes, men may work from sun to sun, but a woman’s work is never done. That saying certainly stands true. Time out for ourself … Taking time out to really pampering ourselves seems to be the least on our minds when we are around our love ones, we tend to think and worry of our love ones first before we can get to think of ourselves. We are also constantly being bombarded by our day to day obstacles and schedules, and given the fact that having a long day at work, by the time we get home, a few hours more and it’s almost time for bed and ready for the next day all over again. So we really must find and squeeze in the special free time we have and use it to the best of our advantage . . . when the cat is away, the mouse is out to pamper. 🙂
These are the self pampering things I do when my boyfriend happens to be away on a business trip or an evening out with his friends. Ofcourse if I do have more time, if it is the weekend I would definitely visit a spa or spend a day out in nature to really appreciate the surroundings and take in a breath of fresh air, appreciate the life that I have and the love surrounding me. If I am at home in my comfort zone, I put on my favorite tunes and slay the night away … 🙂
It’s a proven point that when we look good, we feel good as a result. So let’s take immediate advantage of this little free time and treat ourselves to a little fun and affordable self spa before the boyfriend comes home. 🙂 Optional choice, if you prefer some company, of course you can always call on your best friend to see if she can also join you for the beauty spa treatment.
To start my little short pampering journey, I start out with a few sweet tunes to put me in the relax and happy mood . . .
A few of my favorite songs for this moment . . .
La Vie En Rose
The Autumn Leaves
Let’s start the pampering journey to a beautiful new us . . . 🙂
- Put on your most comfy puffy slippers
- Prepare a face mask treatment, (easy to do,with one of those beauty store bought moisture filled sheet mask) your face will “Merci” you later 🙂
- A much needed deep moisturizing hair treatment
- Teeth whitening preparation home style (optional, something I only do when there are plenty of time & I am not hungry or in the mood to pig out) 🙂
- Enjoy a long warm aroma therapy scented bath, sprinkles some rose petals into the tub relax, sit back and watch it does its magic
- Prepare yourself the best you can do manicure & pedicure . . . (one thing for sure, I can’t paint my nails with my left hand well, but with constant practice and overtime I can now paint my own nails. 🙂
- Go window shopping or online computer browsing for the day.
- Pig out on certain food (like this melt in your mouth sweet delicious desert) and not cook a full meal. 🙂
- Put on my most comfy baggy lounge pant and search my favorite online stores for any sales … This could take all day you know! Remember to check out the social media stuffs & don’t forget to visit your favorite blogger for new blog post inspiration. (*hint hint*) 🙂
Chill down for the night. Rent yourself a good movie, kick your newly painted feet up, and relax. Spend a little time at night to yourself, read your favorite book, call on a girlfriend to chat, have a bowl of Häagen-Dazs strawberry ice cream, some sweet buttered caramel popcorn . . . This night is all yours! 🙂
And last but not least . . . I get to fall asleep first . . .
Normally if I do this, I will feel like I left the party early. Unless you two have been dating forever, this may feel odd at first because you want to spend every waking moment with your boyfriend … right? 🙂 Alright, every party will have it’s end, after all the hard work we’ve put in pampering ourselves, and we are all completed with our pamper journey, I guess we probably don’t have anything else to do anyway, so go ahead shut those eyes and sleep away. Nite nite … Sweetest of dream! 🙂
Bonjour Monday! 🙂